Helping Care Teams Monitor More Patients with Less Staff Time
UnityPoint Health is responsible for serving over 2 million people in Iowa, Illinois, and Wisconsin and wanted to efficiently monitor COVID-19 patients at home to prevent an inpatient surge.
UnityPoint Health developed a two-pronged solution:
- An automated basic track, powered by CareSignal's deviceless remote patient monitoring platform, monitors low-acuity patients via text message
- The advanced track includes a clinician-enabled workflow through Epic to monitor high acuity patients
- Out of the thousands of patients being monitored, UnityPoint was able to identify and escalate 30% to an advanced track of monitoring, enabling them to use vital care management resources efficiently.
- How high-touch and low-touch monitoring saved vital care management resources for patients who needed it the most
- How UnityPoint identified high-risk candidates for advanced monitoring
- Why rapid enrollment enabled quick success
- How UnityPoint scaled best practices across 5 regions in 30 days
Download the Case Study